Home China Briefing China Travel China Market China Business China Economy China Culture China Directory
| China Tourism Overview | China Tour Handbook | China Destination Guides | China Top Attractions | China Tours | China Maps |  
You are here: China Window > China Travel > China Tour Handbook > Passport & Visa

China Flights ― Search China flights in Real Time Discount Price Guaranteed Secure On-line Payment

China Trains ― the best online train schedule search service

Discount China Hotels ― Large China hotel booking
Beijing Hotels Shanghai Hotels Hongkong Hotels Xian Hotels Guangzhou Hotels Shenzhen Hotels
Canton fair hotel booking

China Window is always on the lookout for well-written China topic articles: Submit your China topic article

Passport & Visa


A valid passport is required to visit China. If you do not have a passport and are thinking of traveling with Regent to China, you would do well to obtain a passport as soon as possible. You will need:

a. proof of U.S. citizenship (e.g., a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or naturalization papers) and identity (e.g., a driver's license or state-issued identification card for nondrivers),
b. two recent 2” x 2” color photographs,
c. a completed official passport form, and
d. a fee of $65 for first-time applicants over 18 years of age and $40 for those under 18.

To apply, go to the State Department Passport Agency, a federal or state courthouse, or certain U.S. post offices. Note that passport renewals may be done via mail.

If you are an American citizen, you can find more information on how to apply for a passport online at Passport Services and Information web site provided by US State Department.

Keep a record of your passport number and the date and place of issuance. If you lose your passport in China, immediately notify your Regent guide, the local police, and the nearest American embassy or consulate. After reporting the loss, you will be able to obtain a temporary passport to continue your trip. If you traveling with one of our Regent groups, in most cases you will be able to continue the trip without problem. But if you are traveling on your own, you may experience delay in your travel without legal paper with you.


You will need a visa to enter China.

You can obtain visa on your own, or Regent can arrange for your individual visa. You will need:

a. your current passport,
b. one passport-size photo in color,
c. a completed application form, and
d. an express mailing/processing fee of $80.

Regent can also arrange for you be part of a group visa if you are traveling with a Regent group, in which case you need to provide Regent with the following items as soon as possible but no later than 30 days before trip departure:

a. your current passport and
b. a processing fee of $40.
e. aware that China may change its entry requirements without notice. If there is a change, Regent will notify you as long as your travel arrangements have been made through Regent. Also, you may check this page for updated information.

Hong Kong Visa

U.S. citizens holding a valid passport and staying for three months or less in Hong Kong are automatically issued a visa upon arrival. No pre-trip visa arrangement is necessary if Hong Kong is the only city you are going to visit.

Carry Copies of Everything!

Before your departure, make two photocopies of the page of your passport that documents your personal identification and passport number. Leave one copy at home, so that a family member or friend could access it in the event that you lose your passport while out of the country. Take the other copy with you, keeping it in a safe place separate from your passport.


About Us | Contact Us | Link To Us | Recommend Us | Partner With Us | Advertise With Us
Link Policy | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Article Policy | Advertising Terms
Site Map
Copyright 1994-2011 China Window. All rights reserved.
2Checkout.com, Inc. is an authorized retailer of China Window

powered by Big Mediumi